My client is part of major blue chip organisation which provides software, systems and solutions into a specific professional sector.
There is a new opportunity for an Accounts Payable Manager to operate from the London Head Office for a fixed term of 6 months
The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure a smooth Accounts Payable, helping posting supplier invoices in a timely manner, making sure key supplier payments are made on time and monthly account reconciliations are completed. This allows monthly reported numbers to be accurate.
The Accounts Payable Manager will manage the Accounts Payable function for the business which will involve:
· Working closely with the Accounts Payable processing team in India.
· Providing assistance to the processing team coding invoices to be put on to the ledger.
· Making sure expenditure is backed up with a PO signed off by the relevant authorised person.
· Preparing and reviewing monthly supplier payment runs. 1 or 2 each month.
· Ensuring all payments made are then posted onto the ledger and matched off against an invoice leaving no unallocated cash on supplier accounts.
· Preparing and reviewing alongside the processing team monthly supplier reconciliations.
· Maintain and manage supplier relationships.
· Posting credit card and employee expenses into the ledger each monthly so costs are recorded in a timely manner.
· Helping to control costs by reviewing overhead travel and subsistence expenditure that needs to be charged back to customers.
· Helping the Management Accountant and Financial controller with monthly balance sheet reconciliations, e.g., creditors, Petty Cash, PAYE
The Accounts Payable Manager will offer skills and experience to include:
· Previous Accounts Payable knowledge
· Experience working within a small team.
· Preferably someone who is AAT Qualified or similarly qualified
· Good knowledge of excel and Microsoft applications