Training Course Designer
, Education & Teaching & Training
My client is delivering a major telecommunications programme across Saudi Arabia on behalf of strategic stakeholders. Entering a new phase in the programme, they are now developing their training capabilities and have a new opportunity for a Training Course Designer.
The post holder will report to the Training Design and Development manager (TDDM)
The Training Course Designer will design, develop and maintain courseware for Technical Communications and English Language courses in a format for stakeholder training in the KSA that is consistent and meets in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Standard (DSAT QS) and BS EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
Design & Development activity will include:
- Maintain current or develop future Program of Instructions that conform to stakeholder) requirements
- Maintain current or develop future Course Training Plans containing ISpecs, ASpecs and Schedules
- Maintain electronic file structures in accordance with the total quality management policy.
- Provide an audit trail for the design and development of all course documentation in accordance with the total quality management policy
- Ensure the design and format of all course materials are in accordance with the total quality management policy
- Produce and maintain task scalars of current or future Communications Foundation courses
- Produce and maintain task scalars of current or future English Language Training (ELT) courses
- Carry out work task analysis as part of scheduled courseware maintenance
- Assist with course documentation as required by TDDM
Other duties as required by the TDDM may include
- Advise on training and development issues which contribute to achieving the stakeholder’s objectives and assist long-term planning and change management
• Assist in selection testing for new entrants
• Assist in the Invigilation of tests as directed
• Assist in the marking of tests as directed
• Assist with Internal Validation as directed
• Provide leave and absence cover as required
The Training Course Designer will require the following skills/experience to be effective in the role:
- NVQ Level 4 or above in Training Design and Development or Teaching/Instructional related qualification
- Minimum of five years working within a training department or similar environment
- A sound understanding of a Systems Approach to Training and relevant associated documentation
- Experience of utilising Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholder input to potential training solutions
- Experience of using different taxonomies in curriculum development
- Preparing and delivering concise management reports on results of analysis in English
- Planning and project management skills
- Design and preparation of spreadsheet solutions
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software Word, Excel, Access and Project including experience of mind mapping software
- Have an analytical and logical approach
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Trained to UK Armed Forces standards.
- A sound knowledge of all Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) processes, including course design, course development and course delivery and DSAT Quality Standards (DSAT QS).
- Ideally some experience with military overseas students.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia.