My client is delivering a $multibillion Telecommunications project in Saudi Arabia. There is now a new opportunity for a Lead English Teacher (LET) with a remit to lead the English Language Training for assigned courses for Saudi National students employed by the client.
The Lead English Teacher will have duties and responsibilities to include:
· Lead in the supervision of project-related English Language training, ensuring all assigned courses are delivered in accordance with company approved curriculum and guidelines.
· Act as subject matter expert for all English Language Training requirements; curriculum development, student assessments, course plan, and lesson plans.
· Promote adoption of e-learning within team using LMS-hosted learning resources.
· Conduct content and delivery diagnostic reviews and support the development of plans to address strengths and area of development.
· Monitor day-to-day delivery of English Language teaching, intervening as necessary to address observed shortfalls, reporting issues as necessary, and promptly, to Training Delivery Manager.
· Act as key interface between Prime Contractor company staff and project team.
· Assume accountability for continuous improvement of English Language teaching practice.
· Provide advice to other departments as required by Training Delivery Manager.
· Monitor students’ performance and identify at-risk students, recommending appropriate corrective action and support material to improve students’ performance.
· Conduct scheduled and non-scheduled lesson observation and provide constructive criticism and helpful solutions to other teachers.
· Ensure all support training in the form of handouts, weekly tests and vocabulary lists are in accordance to Training Quality procedures
· Provide management reporting on a weekly basis on all students, to include; weekly test results, discipline issues, performance and remedial measures.
· Ensure quizzes and homework results are delivered to the Course Reporter in a timely fashion.
· Liaise with Course Scheduler on weekly basis to ensure availability of resources for training.
· Provide teaching cover as directed by the Training Delivery Manager.
· Ensure adequate supplies of stationery are maintained within the section and prepare stationery requests.
The Lead English Teacher will offer the following skills and experience:
· A degree in English Language.
· Certificates in teaching English as a second language; TEFL, CELTA, DELTA.
· Experience of working in the Middle East is desirable, as is experience of work within a military environment.
· Must have at least 5 years of English Language Teaching experience
· Must have at least one year of Training management experience
· Must possess an excellent knowledge of instructional methodology and have the skills to exploit new methods and media to encourage learning.
· Must be computer literate and show evidence of using multimedia to provide learning solutions.
· Must provide evidence of class management and reporting.
· Driving licence is essential