, General Management
We are working on behalf a large UK MOD/Saudi client based in Riyadh who are entering the next stage of a $3.2 billion dollar project and require a Commercial Manager - Operations on a full-time basis.
Excellent Salary which is discussed on application due to working with a sensitive client.
To be eligible for this position you must hold a valid UK passport.
- Company accommodation provided (Utilities are paid excluding telephone calls)
- Company Car Provided (serviced and fuel paid)
- 3 return flight per year unaccompanied - 2 accompanied
- Medical Insurance provided
- Annual bonus based on availability and company status, also there is yearly appraisals
**Please note this position is based in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia**
**Open to British Passport holders with a current UK Passport**
**You must hold a valid UK Driving Licence
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & FUNCTIONS for the Commercial Manager - Operations, Maintenance and Training.
- Support commercial activity with a focus on the Operations, Maintenance and Training Contract with the UK MoD and the end client.
- Support the business in accordance with the policies and strategies and the terms of the LOA3P3 and OM&T contracts.
- Support the entire business life cycle from pre-contract through contract award and delivery to maintenance and support.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Commercial Manager will :
- Manage commercial and contractual matters (facing both UK MoD and Supply Chain)
- Ensure that any commercial / contractual risks are reported, managed and mitigated.
- Create and maintain co-operative working relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Maintain an effective and productive relationship with UK MoD counterparts whilst securing new contracts against proposals offered.
- Liaise with suppliers on commercial matters prior to, during, and subsequent to the procurement process.
- Participate in regular performance reviews with suppliers / subcontractors as required.
- Support the Operations Director and Operations team in the delivery of the Operations, Maintenance and Training Scope of Services.
- Ensure that proper records are kept of commercial activity in line with contractual obligations and good commercial practice.
- Ensure commercial activity complies with the clients Group policies.
- Assume responsibility for commercial aspects of bids/proposals.
RECRUITMENT SPECIFICATION (Knowledge & Experience):
- Experience of Commercial Management of a managed service / outsourcing agreement that supports a technical service, at least some of which is in continuous operation e.g. IT or Telecoms.
- Experience of Commercial Management as a Prime Contractor for delivery and subsequent support of projects in a technical domain.
- As part of either or both (1) and (2) above, experience of procuring, contracting and managing sub-contractors.
- Excellent negotiation and Contract Management skills.
- Understanding of contract law and significant experience of interpreting and drafting contract terms.
- Experience of contracting in GCC.
- Professional qualification in Procurement / Commercial Management, including Law of Contract.
- Experience of Defence contracting or exposure to UK MoD DEFCONs.
- Some exposure to IT Service Management concepts and practice.
- Working Knowledge of UK Export Control obligations and practice.
If of interest please contact Jason Pocock