Senior Commercial Manager
, General Management
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & FUNCTIONS:
- Reporting to the Head of Commercial, take an active role in leading and developing the clients Commercial Department and be accountable for effective delivery of Commercial (customer facing) and Procurement services to all the client’s operational functions, to exceed the expectations of the client and the UK MoD client Team.
- Be a key member of my clients Management Team and be the deputy, with full delegated authority, for the Head of Commercial in their absence, including Line Management responsibility for Immediate Subordinates.
- Contribute to Corporate, Managed Services and Projects Contract Reviews as required.
- Manage customer facing processes, for multiple requirements, in accordance with the policies and strategies of the client, and always in accordance with the Head Contract/s.
- Engage with and manage the customers’ expectations and requirements in any situation where the clients are suggested as, or are, in default of the contract obligations, or where the client is likely to become in default of the contract obligations and in such cases, make recommendations and put into place such actions as necessary to mitigate the effect on the client and secure performance improvement.
- Manage supplier & sub-contractor facing procedures in accordance with the policies and strategies of the client, and always in accordance with the Head Contract/s & Sub-contracts.
- Engage with and manage suppliers and sub-contractors where they are in default, or are likely to become in default, of their contract obligations and in such cases, make recommendations and put into place such actions as necessary to mitigate the effect on the client and secure performance improvement.
- Assist the Head of Commercial in providing the business with its required infrastructure, capital and estate through the execution of procurement arrangements with various suppliers and partners.
- Assist the Head of Commercial with implementing all the client’s insurance obligations (legally required or otherwise), and those required to underpin contractual obligations to the UK MoD.
- Always act in the best interests of the client to secure completion of contract documentation, progress of commercial activities and adherence to the obligations of the Head Contract/s.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Commercial Manager will have functional responsibility for Commercial Managers who will:
- Manage all commercial customer facing contractual matters during the bid and delivery phase.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to the project teams to enable them to adhere to head contract obligations, company processes and procedures, including phase reviews and tender vetting.
- Be responsible for ensuring that commercial / contractual risks are reported, managed and mitigated with risk assessments performed as required.
- Monitor and manage the commercial and contractual performance of suppliers/sub-contractors Inc. implementing actions to secure performance improvement and/or apply contractual remedies as required.
- Create and maintain co-operative working relationships with the UK MoD client team.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating and supporting new client business opportunities, and in defining and implementing policy and future strategy.
- Execute Non-Disclosure Agreements, MOU’s and other agreements as required.
- Execute and manage the full suite of insurance policies.
SALARY & PACKAGE:
- Salary: SAR 450,000 £91,300 (TAX FREE)
- Accommodation: Company accommodation provided (good location - All utilities are paid excluding telephone calls)
- Transport: Company Car Provided (serviced and fuel paid)
- Return Flights: 3 unaccompanied or 2 accompanied, also if you have children under the age of 18 the client will pay for 2 children’s education up to the age of 18 at a cost to them of SAR 66,000 per annum per child
- Medical: Medical Insurance provided
- Bonus: Annual bonus based on availability and company status of around 17%, also there is yearly appraisals on performance and salary reviews
The client does have an age restriction of 55 because of visa restrictions and you must be a British Citizen.