A new project, part of a $multibillion telecommunications project, has a Programme Manager position available in the Special Systems domain.
The Programme Manager (Special Systems) will report directly to the Head of Special Systems
The Programme Manager (Special Systems) will have functions to include the following:
· Primary responsibility for the project lifecycle from concept development, selection, design, delivery and implementation, system integration, testing and customer acceptance to the client.
· Support the Head of Special Systems in the development of the Special Systems portfolio and programme management activities.
· Responsible to the Head of Special Systems for fulfilling the contractual responsibilities for the assigned projects and project profit and loss (P&L).
· Responsible for the project capture and definition of all new business opportunities in order to deliver annual business targets and margin within the Special Systems portfolio area.
· Responsible for the development, management, coordination and delivery of Special Systems projects ensuring that all project outputs are delivered within cost, time and quality metrics.
· Responsible for the systems integration and hand-over of projects to the Operations Team
· Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure effective management and execution of all assigned projects.
· Manage customer expectations through clear baseline specifications, accurate reporting and capturing variations through the project change control procedures.
· Deputy to Head of Special Systems
The Special Systems team is the primary interface to the stakeholders for all Special Systems project activities and is responsible for creating and delivering through-life, value for money solutions at minimal risk to the Company.
The Programme Manager (Special Systems) will have responsibilities to include:
· Produce, maintain and implement project management plans including schedules, documentation, configuration control and risk management with PMO.
· Manage and coordinate the company acquisition process in order to deliver annual order intake targets
· Manage project resources ensuring all project documentation is produced in accordance to plans and quality (SOR, SOW, ITT, CTP, ILS, ATP, SDD)
· Project reviews including gate reviews, design reviews, project risk and planning reviews as a minimum.
· Ensure risks are defined, maintained, reported and mitigation plans are followed to reduced project risk and opportunities taken.
· Apply company lifecycle management to all assigned projects.
· Develop effective working relationships with the customer and sub-contractors.
· Business representative at customer facing project reviews and governance meetings.
· Produce reports and reviews for all project and portfolio tasks and activities
· Support the Head of Special Systems in the production of customer reports including weekly Technical Committee, monthly programme delivery working group and quarterly reports.
· Improve company processes and procedures where appropriate
· Coordinate with department / functional heads, resource owners and PMO to ensure sufficient resources are allocated.
· Ensure delivery of project milestones and approvals.
· Manage all project activities, milestones and financial targets
The Programme Manager (Special Systems) will have the following skills/experience:
· A minimum of 5 years, with demonstrative evidence, of a background in delivering Electronic Warfare projects/programmes (with experience in a civilian capacity).
· Experience and understanding of operational Electronic Warfare.
· Proven track record of delivering other successful projects in the defence and security environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
· Sound understanding of project management and commercial practices.
· Sound knowledge and experience of managing budgets and resources.
· Holds a recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APMP).
· Excellent communications skills and be highly computer literate in the range of MS Office products.
· Excellent communication skills
· Solution oriented, self-motivated and innovative in approach to problem solving and be committed to providing high quality outputs.
· Possess a valid driving license from country of origin.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Experience of working in the Middle East (preferably Saudi Arabia) (desirable)
· Experience of coordinating installation design or turnkey projects. (desirable)
· Business experience in the Defence Sector (desirable)
· Experience in major military integration projects (desirable)