Senior Quantity Surveyor
Engineering & Construction
, Programme and Project Management
One of the UK’s largest Engineering services specialists has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor join their Somerset based team.
In this role you will contribute to the profitable performance and successful commercial & financial management of projects within the specialised business unit.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prompt presentation of all applications for payment, including all contractual entitlements.
- Ensuring that payments are received in accordance with the contract terms.
- Prompt submission of estimate / tendering information to the client.
- Prompt presentation of Final Accounts, including negotiation of all contractual entitlements.
- Prompt presentation of weekly cost / value information, delivery schedules and associated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data.
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly Cost/Value Reconciliations and Final Cost/Value Forecasts.
- Preparation and presentation of forward work schedules and cash flows
- Procurement, negotiation and placing of Sub-contract Orders
- Financial and commercial management of Sub-contractors through to settlement of their Final Accounts.
- Ensuring that all contractual letters/ notices and information are presented in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Preparation of appropriate documentation in support of additional payment, variations, claims etc.
- Commercial support to the site and contracts management team.
- Commercial support to the Estimating and Procurement teams.
- Overview and support of Quantity Surveyors under training as appropriate.
- Close liaison with the client on all commercial matters, including preparation and submission of supporting information.
Candidates must meet the following:
- Be degree qualified and hold membership with RICS or similar OR hold compensating experience
- Have experience of working within a contracting environment
- Have experience of working within the Rail sector
- Experience of design and construct would be beneficial
- Be IT literate in MS Office applications
- Hold good communication, interpersonal and team management skills
This opportunity is ideally suited to an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor who has previously worked within a contracting environment. Previous experience of working within the Rail sector would be advantageous.