Senior Project Manager
Engineering & Construction
, Programme and Project Management
One of the UK’s largest Engineering services specialists has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager join their Swindon based team.
Reporting into the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for leading successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring that the site teams are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
You will develop positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract and to ensure that the contract is delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed quality whilst ensuring that client expectations regarding quality, programme, and budget are wherever possible exceeded.
The Senior Project Manager has single point responsibility and accountability for successful execution of a project in terms of quality of work, maintenance of schedule, budget and profit margins, and Client satisfaction from commencement to close-out.
- Monitor expenditure and such items as work carried out against an estimate originally prepared in order to ensure the work is within the contract or may form a separate claim constantly liaising with the Commercial Dept & Regional Manager on such subjects.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to AMCO Rail Management Team and Client.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate. Prepare early warning and change instruction documentation.
- Check the documents in use are current, readily available to those requiring them and stored securely.
- Assess the standard of all proposed installation work associated within the project, undertaking inspections and preparing full reports, where required and submitting these to the Senior Contracts Manager or including the contents within an appropriate programme of works.
- Liaise with stakeholders, commercial & planning teams.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Have experience of working within a contracting environment
- Have experience of working within the Rail sector
- Have a good appreciation of Network Rail standards
- Exposure to design and construct would be beneficial
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Have a proved H&S record
- Be IT literate in MS Office applications