Working within the Commercial estimating team on large opportunities within the public and defence sector. Supporting the Bid Directors and Technical Leads with Hard Facilities Maintenance resource/cost estimation for planned, reactive and small/project works and rate schedules:
• Establishes the PPM time and cost requirements for assets using the SFG20 standard.
• Delineates between various delivery options and outlines “best Value for Money” maintenance regimes for planned and reactive work.
• Defines the market rates for priced additional works and projects, with associated discounts.
• Identifies and defines the market position and adjustments for overhead, profit, risk and contingency amounts against work volumes.
• Makes efficiency adjustments, understanding and effectively iterating any associated risks.
• Supports the development of the PPM delivery strategy and resource requirements.
• Liaison with suppliers to gather specialist support cost requirements.
• Provides analysis and support material for potential change events to allow project to make informed decisions.
• Contributing to status project reporting.
• Hold, have held or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance.
• Qualification in Quantity Surveying and membership of appropriate professional body.
• Technical Trade Qualification.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience in building models (Excel) and populating/estimating against asset management and maintenance standards.
• Experience in working with a variety of technical maintenance standards, including SFG 20.
• Technical understanding of task types and maintenance planning, duration and scheduling.
• Ability to assimilate resource and cost planning information from a variety of sources, understand the impact/implications of mis-alignments and discrepancies.• Proven ability to collaborate with team members to achieve optimal time,cost, performance goals.
• Proven ability to develop cost plans against a Hard Facilities Maintenance (planned and reactive) strategy and schedule.
• Current understanding of labour and on cost market rates throughout the UK, including specialist sub-contract charges, for M&E and Fabric Maintenance.
• Current understanding of UK materials rates and costs.
• Able to apply volume and rate discounts – understanding and effectively iterating associated risks.
• Current understanding of UK FM industry overhead, profit, risk and contingency rates.
• Good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
• Good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills to enable effective communication with customers and management.
• Ability to work independently, keeping management adequately informed.
• Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment.
• Experience in asset management (CAFM) systems.
• Experience of working in the Public Sector and Defence Infrastructure environments.
• Broad knowledge of the Facilities Management industry.
• Experience of working in a secure environment.
• Experience of working on Bids and Proposals.