Electrical Maintenance Engineer
, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Technician based in Avonmouth in the U.K. The main purpose of the role is to provide electro-mechanical cover for our mill that produces and delivers wheat flour over a twenty-four hour period, seven days per week. Additionally this site is undertaking a significant amount of upgrading work. The working hours are normally 8.00am to 4.00pm with a commitment to being on call for one period in five, covering nights and weekends.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main duties of this role will include:
- Maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical equipment within the plant so that it is capable of working at optimum performance.
- Investigating and undertaking electrical and mechanical breakdown repairs and fault finding within the plant.
- Participating in an out-of-hours call-out cover rota for breakdowns.
- Working within the Company Safety and Health guidelines.
- Ensuring food safety compliance requirements are met within the plant.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A good level of electrical and mechanical skills together with a level of competence in process control engineering.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work to the highest standards of safety within a team environment or working alone.
- Ideally the candidate will be City and Guilds qualified, or equivalent, or be a qualified time served craftsman.
- Training will be offered to a suitable candidate who does not have sufficient experience in all these areas.