Head of Commercial
Retail & Ecommerce
, Product Management
, Director & Head of & C Level
My blue-chip client has a new opportunity for a Head of Commercial, reporting directly to the Business Director.
The Head of Commercial will lead on all aspects of product management of the current portfolio, managing a team of product managers and assistants to successfully deliver key KPI’s.
The Head of Commercial will provide the leadership and decision making for the team, with responsibility for achievement of product and vendor revenue, gross margin and vendor income targets.
The Head of Commercial will be responsible for the strategy on product ranging and pricing, ensuring the business is competitive in the marketplace and optimising relevant vendor programmes.
The Head of Commercial will:
· Work across the management team to ensure alignment and success of marketing campaigns and sales programmes.
· Be responsible for driving sales performance in alignment with product forecast;
· Work across the business to identify training, insight and process improvements to meet gross margin improvement
The Head of Commercial will have accountabilities to include:
- Responsibility for delivering against P & L product targets, driving revenue, margin growth.
- Drive the direction, priorities and delivery for a product group/portfolio over the product life cycle to ensure the company maximises the long-term contribution from its chosen vendors.
- Ranging, ensuring the correct portfolio of products and services are available for sale to the company customer bases.
- Managing a team of product managers who are responsible for the in-life management of products.
- Leading on product planning, forecasting, target setting, budgeting.
- Building strong vendor relationships to support and drive the sales and marketing channels.
- Responsibility for setting and management of pricing strategy, including competitor awareness.
- Responsibility for proactive management of stock profile including deal management.
- Market awareness by utilising market data to inform decision on product / vendor prioritisation.
- Suggesting and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to increase category contribution to business KPIs
- Managing the on boarding of new brands / categories to the portfolio.
Skills and experience required for the role are:
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Minimum 5 years’ product management experience.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with broad knowledge of the whole IT Product portfolio.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work across the business.
- Team management experience.
- Experience of presentational skills.
- Experience of working in a marketing based environment, including online channels.