Retail & Ecommerce
A leading player in the communications sector is seeking commercially minded Finance Controller to join their global operation.
In this key appointment, you will be providing valuable financial insight into a division of the company that is has been showing year on year growth by providing award winning solutions into their retail client base.
Working closly with the Finance Director you will be reviewing monthly results as well as consolidating and reviewing local forecasts and analysing trends to drive action and decision making for the board menbers. You will regularly influence senior management thinking and develop commercially sound solutions that influence business unit results, by using breadth of vision and technical knowledge to solve complex problems.
Additionally you will
- lead on Financial Business Planning, co-ordinating local monthly and group forecasting processes as well as the month-end closing process being responsible for the quality of delivery
- lead for Balance Sheet and will coordinate the management, forecasting and delivery of Working Capital targets.
- report and drive the Cost Transformation agenda, delivering value to our key stakeholders.
- will be comfortable influencing strategy and be able to translate it into actionable programmes, opportunities or activities.
- Financial Control and delivery of the month and quarter-end reporting cycles, including preparation and review of financial performance (P&L/Balance Sheet/Cash Flow) to ensure results are prepared in accordance with consistent accounting standards. Onward presentation of individual and consolidated results to FD and CEO, ELT’s, flash reporting and any other local reporting required.
- Provide insight and share understanding of month-end results variances and year-on-year, quarter-on-quarter movements as well as forecasting, clearly explaining and summarising/reporting on business unit Risks and Opportunities against local forecasts.
- Providing quarterly and annual PVEO analysis for quarter-end and forecast iterations
- Lead the relationship with the other parties for every internal trade - both as customer and supplier ( Forecast and actuals)
- System and process lead within the company, challenging those processes to ensure optimum performance and efficiency through the application of principles such Six Sigma (lean principles of waste) to eliminate process inefficiencies, re-work within the process, duplication and ultimately leading to standardization.
- Assurance: Adherence to accounting policies, process completeness, SOX compliance and asset registration for Expedite
- Driving the Cost Transformation reporting and forecasting
- Managing the weekly debt calls and driving the cash performance of the unit
- Responsible for driving revenue assurance and delivery of profit improvement activities in this area.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and commerically minded Finance professional to join one of the major players in the communications and IT services sector.