The GIS Systems Administrator will be an integral member of Systems Team and will offer proven ICT technical skills at or beyond the Intermediate level plus GIS technical skills, predominately using Esri technology.
The GIS Systems Administrator activities includes:
The following technical skills are considered pre-requisites for the System Administrator:
· Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of a GIS and its applications to support business decision making
· Experience of geospatial data management in file based and RDBMS environments
· Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS Server at v 10 and later
· Solid background of Windows products: Server OS (2008, 2012), Desktop (Win 7, 8.1)
· Hyper-V and VMware background, building, configuring and maintaining systems
· In depth understanding of system networking, load balancing, firewall, routers, switches
· Able to problem solve Hardware/Software issues within complex ICT environments
· Experience of security implementation on IT infrastructures
· Educated up to at least BSc at 2:1, in ICT and Engineering, GIS or related discipline.
· Several years’ system administration experience
· British Citizen (foreign nationals by exception) holding a High-Level Security clearance (or willingness/ ability to achieve clearance).
· Resident in the UK for the last ten years.
· Industry certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, VMware, Cisco)
· Knowledge of Microsoft System Centre 2012
· Knowledge of SQL, Exchange and AV products and services
· Understanding or experience in delivering secure IT solutions.
· Experience of the use of GIS within ICT systems
· Experience of implementing and maintaining Server/Client based application solutions
· Basic knowledge of OGC standards
· Experience of designing and implementing geospatial work flows
Other requirements include