There is a new opportunity available for a Senior Consultant, a SQL and Migration Specialist, with a premier client based in London.
The Senior Consultant will work within the specialist Technical Services Group, providing a specialist technical services in support of projects undertaken by the EMEA consulting teams, specifically SQL and Data Migration.
EMEA projects range from small system integrations to international large document and data migrations.
The role will involve many of the software solutions and services that the business supply or integrate with, including iManage, NetDocuments, High Q, and Interaction CRM.
Key areas of responsibility
· The responsibilities of the senior specialist consultants are to provide technical and development assistance to clients in support of activities related to: -
o data extraction, transformation & migration;
o installation and configuration of software;
o performance analysis;
o system architecture design;
o software development
· While the Senior Consultant will be required to undertake the activities above they have additional responsibilities as defined below: -
o Liaise with the consulting teams and Projects Office (PMO) to determine emerging requirements from client projects and determine skill set required to meet them
o Understand the skill set of all resources within the team and plan personal development activity to match requirements from client work
o Develop best practice approach for all standard engagements and ensure these are consistently applied by the consultants within the team
o Take a lead role in the development of utilities and applications that can be sold into the client base as complementary products or facilitate technical services (e.g. migration tools)
· Comfortable in a professional services environment
· Good telephone manner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Clear, concise and accurate oral and written skills
· Well-developed analytical skills, able to identify solutions quickly
· Ability to work under pressure with effective time management
· The ability to operate on own initiative
· Degree standard education (Maths, Sciences or Technology preferred)
· Good English language communication skills (both verbal and written)
The Senior Consultant will offer the following Skills/Experience:
· Four years’ professional experience in IT as developer or advanced systems administrator
· Microsoft database & SQL technologies
· Skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
· Development experience with C#, VB, .Net, ASP and T-SQL.