My client is a market leader in the provision of software, systems and solutions into the Legal and Professional Services sector.
There is a new opportunity within the Product Management team for a Product Manager.
The Product Manager will primarily drive the growth and development of company products and be a key interface into clients.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the management of one of the company’s core software products, which is used for document construction and management and for the document lifestyle products.
This includes working with third parties, owning, developing and implementing the product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
The lifecycle encompasses requirements gathering, creating and delivering product roadmaps, assisting during the product development phase, through to the transition from development to sales and support.
The role includes some commercial management to ensure that products are developed to give a P&L contribution, and there is a need to be aware of external influencing factors such market trends and product competition.
As with all product based roles, the Product Manager will have vision, be seen as the product champion, and able to “hear the customer’s voice” at each stage.
The Product Manager shall be seen as a recognised authority by senior leaders within the company, credible both internally and externally and able to facilitate and mediate as the product owner. As part of this authority, the individual may be required to lead and present product demonstrations to customers, customer events, and company staff.
Areas of responsibility are defined as:
The Product Manager will offer skills and experience to include:
· Sound knowledge of IT platforms and IT services (incl. software, hardware, networks & telecoms, outsource/managed services).
· Experience with working on complex projects.
· Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a product role in a software company (or with software products) ideally in the legal or professional services sector with a proven track record of commercial and/or technical achievement.
· A deep understanding Microsoft Office technologies, extensive experience of Document Management Systems, and some exposure to cloud based solutions.
· A collaborative approach to road maps, with the ability to work as part of a team, tenacious and seen as the product owner.
· Ability to facilitate discussion for the product roadmap, with the strength of character to make tough commercial decisions.
· Experience of owning the whole lifecycle of a product.
· Communicate effectively at all levels with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
· Able to work with suppliers, customers and colleagues alike.
· Good knowledge of key technologies relevant to products. Clear vision of how technology is evolving in key business areas & what differentiates products/solutions.
· Demonstrable awareness of and contribution to company commercial strategies including understanding of the external environment such as competitors and associated products and services.
· Risk analysis at each stage in the lifecycle.
· Understanding of the key drivers, competitive pressures, business imperatives which affect the market relating to the product.
· Production of product documentation e.g. product catalogues, on-line content (both internal and customer facing) that drives high levels of customer satisfaction