Technical Consultant (Consultancy and Training Services)
, Education & Teaching & Training
One of world’s largest, and most established providers of technology solutions and services to legal and professional service firms have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join their company.
You will be working as part of the Consultancy & Training department delivering advanced Consultancy and Training services to the firm’s mid-market legal client base.
The candidate will provide bespoke consultancy along with standard and customised administrator-based training courses to new and existing clients alike, as well as refreshing skills of existing client’s through Training Passports.
The consultancy & training services will be delivered remotely whenever possible and on the clients premises when necessary. The candidate should expect to deliver these services one to one, to a group or via a webinar.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for designing, planning and delivering bespoke solutions for Mid-Market clients. These solutions take advantage of multiple technologies
- To design, plan and deliver training courses on other client owned and integrated third party software including: Partner TaskCentre, Webshare, Crystal Reporting, Carpe Diem and Template Management System (TMS)
- Carry out training needs assessments taking into consideration the clients business processes and determining how best to deploy services to meet the clients and individual user’s needs.
The skills and experience you need
- Experience of working within an IT company/department and delivering software Consultancy and Training.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-IT clients and colleagues
- A logical approach to problem solving and the ability to solve increasingly complex problems
- Experience of developing training courses to be delivered to delegates with a range of IT skills and producing relevant supporting documentation.
- An excellent working knowledge of Orbis TaskCentre, Crystal Reports
- Experience of client relationships, confidence and presence to deal with clients at all levels as appropriate.
- The candidate will be expected to undertake the duties as part of an integrated training team and will be expected to adopt priorities and engage in activities which promote the effective working of the whole team.
- Set a positive and professional example to all colleagues and develop positive communication with all departments.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with effective time management.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to nurture a positive image of the company and to adhere and positively contribute to the companies rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
- Good at analysing software and understanding business impact and working practices.