Applications Support Analyst
, Customer & Technical Support
A multinational company that specialises in providing software and software solutions into the Legal and Professional Service Sector has an opportunity for an Applications Support Analyst join their Support Team.
In this position you will be liaising with clients primarily by phone and email and helping to resolve technical issues on products and services offered by my client.
In this role you will be:
- Answering and responding to inbound support calls from corporate clients.
- Give clients regular updates on progress of their active support tickets.
- Ensure line management is made aware of any potential serious issues and kept updated on any issues that have been escalated.
- Supporting products across a number of different Microsoft technologies / platforms, including Terminal services and Citrix.
- In the event of issues being identified as a software fault you are expected to raise the necessary documentation and support QA.
- Back up data before running changes to live data
- Remain courteous to the client, third parties and partnered companies and any area of concern is highlighted to your line manager.
The skills and experience you need
- Have experience with working in Microsoft Outlook, HTML5 coding and a WYSIWYG HTML editors.
- Have been involved in eMarketing and automating event participation via modern technologies.
- Have an interest in SQL (Structured Query Language) or programming concepts and paradigms.
- Should have a good understanding of all the core Microsoft desktop products Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of other Microsoft products would be an advantage.
- IT GCSE equivalent or better would be an advantage
- GCSEs A – C in English and Maths. A Levels or equivalent would be an advantage particularly in maths and computing.
- At least 1 years’ experience in an IT environment as part of a placement year or as a previous role
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance appropriately when required.
- Good telephone manner with excellent, clear communication and interpersonal skills
From time to time it is likely members of the team will be required to do remote support and be on call for clients out of hours and at the weekend. This is compensated at an appropriate overtime rate.