My client is a specialist organisation in the field of radio communications, providing cutting edge Private Mobile Radio (PMR) products and services including Analogue PMR, TETRA, P25 and DMR to organisations globally.
There is an exciting opportunity, newly available for an experienced Bid Engineer to join the Bid management team.
The Bid Engineer will be involved in the development and design of tender submissions for national and international opportunities.
For large, high value projects, the Bid Engineer will be part of a focused team to include inputs from across all parts of the business in the development of winning technical proposals, as part of the bid strategy.
The Bid Engineer will also work closely with the Bid Manager in the development and management of the bid strategy, liaising also with internal and external stakeholders. They will also be responsible for the technical bid responses covering all solutions offered by the company, for all large/complex bids, both nationally and internationally.
The Bid Engineer will have Accountabilities/objectives to include:
· Identify the technical requirements for each bid
· agree with the Bid Manager on the bidding strategy with the Bid Manager
· Own the technical response of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), Bids and Tenders
· Evaluate technical specifications and provide guidance to the business in terms of appropriate submission requirements
· write cohesive tender submissions in line with the agreed bid strategy and timescales
· Prepare technical solution papers for internal approval in line with bid governance
· Continue to raise the standard and quality of bids to increase bid win ratio
· Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments including Repair, Operations, Development, Projects office, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Customer Services, Finance, etc
· Be able to work well within virtual teams of resource to deliver winning bids
· Production of monthly bid report(s) for management team
The Bid Engineer will offer Skills/Knowledge/Qualifications to include
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships at senior level
· Experience of working with Public or Private Sector customers
· Customer focused and experienced in managing expectations
· Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate several projects at once, multi-task
· Good communicator
· Excellent organisational, presentation and written skills
Additional attributes required include: