Systems Design Engineer (Systems Integration)
, Telecommunications Engineering
As part of an ongoing multi-billion Telecommunications project in Saudi Arabia my client is entering the next phase of the project life cycle and is seeking Systems Design Engineer to support the design and integration of a Specialist Communication system.
Reporting to the Portfolio Engineering Manager, the Systems Design Engineer will provide Systems Engineering support to the Specialist Systems Team. The Specialist Systems Team act as the primary interface to the end customer for all Special Systems project activities and are responsible for creating and delivering through-life, value for money solutions at minimal risk to the company.
We are seeking applications from individuals who are conversant in RF and Microwave Engineering, Radio Communications, Systems Engineering design, analysis and integration and test.
- The Systems Design Engineer will support programs from requirements definition through handover to customers and users.
- The Systems Design Engineer will ensure the implementation of best standards and practices, support the design of Specialist Communication system, perform system specification, system analysis, system design, provide maximum service availability, requirements flow down, interface design, concept and configuration refinement, and effectiveness analysis for a broad range of communications capability.
- Systems Design Engineer may support activities such as characterize system performance; plans and coordinates system software/firmware deliveries, conduct integration and test of initial and updated system builds and support equipment installations.
- Technical Subcontractor Management.
- Assessment of technical submissions from vendors.
- Define technical specifications and standards for the programme.
- Develop high level Logical System Architecture Models.
- Develop and document system design.
- Produce System Engineering documents to support the Systems Development Lifecycle.
- Significant Contribution to achieving System Milestones i.e. PDR/CDR etc.
- Requirements Management and Change Management.
- Deliver presentations and documentations at design review and other key meetings.
- Work closely with other engineering/project areas to fully understand deliverables.
In addition to your RF and Microwave and Systems Engineering design skills and experience the successful candidate will also have the following
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronic/Communications Engineering discipline.
- System Engineering Lifecycle experience
- Expertise in systems design and development including relevant COTS/MOTS products.
- Knowledge of Antenna Theory and Wireless Transmission Fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital Modulation Fundamentals.
- Experience with analog & digital receivers, technique generators & transmitters, sensitivity, gain/loss & ERP analysis.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Business experience in the Defense Sector.
- Full Systems Engineering Lifecycle Experience
- Experience in major military integration projects.
- Experience of living or working in the Middle East.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experience individual work on a state of the art multi-billion dollar telecommunications project and attracts a fantastic package and benefits.