, Civil Engineering
Our Client provides industry-leading solutions, products and services to the utility, broadband, communications, OEM and rail sectors.
They Manufacture, engineer and install fibre optic products and associated equipment. They work with some of the foremost communications companies globally.
As part of a plan of structured growth they are now seeking to recruit a HSEQ Manager to join their UK management team.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support, leadership and direction, ensuring that Safety Health and Environment Management remain a priority area of accountability as the company grows.
Key responsibilities will include-
- * Responsibility for allocated work including:
- - Completing "independent" on-site checks to ensure all operatives recite and understand the content & consequences of not adhering to Absolute and Zero Tolerance Rules;
- - maintaining on site HSEQ values and requirements
- - maintaining client relationships
- - delivering a quality service
- - exceeding key metrics / deliverables
- * Daily contact with the Director to update on trends/continuous improvement actions
- * Specific meetings to deal with business issues i.e. current & future work, customer/utility/local authority escalations & any other issues that may need addressing.
- * Regular on-site visits/inspections/audits
- * Telephone/e-mail contact and face to face meetings as required ensuring closure
- * Remote co-ordination management as required including resolving issues and communication of business and client issues.
- * Regular input to the Operations teams to communicate trends, compliance and corrective actions
- * Contact with all internal departments as required.
- * Daily communication with Delivery, Planning, Project Management and Project Support teams.
- * Strong links with global HSEQ teams
- * Participation in global projects and HSEQ initiatives.
- * Contact with clients as required ensuring the company continues to meet their needs and provide an on-going business relationship at both senior and regional level.
- * Liaison with Sub-Contractors, utility companies, local authority representatives and local residents as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be:-
- A Health and safety professional, ideally with knowledge of fixed line and mobile networks
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Civil Engineering, Street Works, and Underground Works
- Be capable of achieving full security clearance
- Minimum HNC/ONC in Engineering/Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' Health and Safety experience
- Good knowledge of health & safety law.
- Qualified IOSH, Qualified NEBOSH
- Qualified and proficient in the application of NRSWA.
- Extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Competent in the use of IT.
- Clear thinker with determination and energy, good planning abilities, well-organised and seeking perfection.
- Have a strong assertive but personable manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a wide spectrum of personalities.
- An influencer - willing to lead by example and work on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing and highly successful organisation in a position where you can make a significant impact on the business.