IT Software Trainer
My client successfully delivers software, systems and solutions to the legal and professional services sector
There is a new opportunity for an IT Trainer to design, plan and deliver a programme of administrative and end user IT training to mid-market clients (generally law firms) on the use of Practice and Case Management system and other integrated applications
IT Trainer will be part of the project team delivering standard and customised training courses to new clients, as well as refreshing skills of existing client’s as new enhancements are developed.
Training delivery is split between on site at a client premises, delivered from our Fareham office or other external training facilities and increasingly via online WebEx sessions. The IT Trainer will deliver training one to one or to a group.
The IT Trainer will have duties and responsibilities to include
- Responsible for designing, planning and delivering training to clients on the administration and use of the company’s own software and other integrated third party software including; Practice and Case Management Partner TaskCentre, Customer Relationship Management system & eMarketing, Crystal Reporting and Template Management System (TMS)
- Carrying out training needs assessments taking into consideration the clients business processes and determining how best to deploy services to meet the clients and individual user’s needs.
- Create and maintain documentation, support and training resources, including manuals and reference guides, ensuring that they are current and adhere to company guidelines.
- Liaise with other trainers and departments to ensure that training and supporting materials are continually developed as new enhancements are released and new products are integrated into the practice.
- To advise the Training Manager of the products and resources needed to meet your own training objectives.
- To adopt and promote company standards and methodologies for delivery of training.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Training Manager
The IT Trainer will offer Skills/Experience to include:
- Experience of working within an IT company/department and delivering software training. (Essential)
- Experience of developing training courses to be delivered to delegates with a range of IT skills and producing relevant supporting documentation. (Essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting language. (Essential)
- Knowledge of legal practice and procedure (desirable)
- Experience of client relationships, confidence and presence to deal with clients at all levels as appropriate.
- To undertake the duties as part of an integrated training team and will be expected to adopt priorities and engage in activities which promote the effective working of the whole team.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with effective time management.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative both individually and as part of a team.
- Good at analysing software and understanding business impact and working practices.